2019 Thames Valley Secondary Schools Rugby Grades
To be eligible to play in the Thames Valley Secondary Schools Competition all players must qualify under the following criteria:
- Be enrolled as a bona fide (Year 9 or above) student at the school of representation and studying at least 80% of a programme that is part of the timetable provided by the school for at least four weeks immediately prior to the event.
- Have a satisfactory attendance record at the school. The final decision will be at the Principal’s discretion.
- Be under 19 years of age at the first of January in the year of the competition.
TABULATION OF WEIGHTS AND AGES
- All correct Ages, Birth Dates and Weights must be entered on the Registration form as provided by the TVMB.
ALL AGES AS AT JANUARY 1ST.
The Grading list shall be as set out below, or as amended by the TVMB.
- Boys Open Grade (Including 1st XV) Open Weight
- Boys Under 15’s 14 years Open Weight
- 13 years Open Weight
- 12 years Open Weight
- Girls 1st XV Open Weight
- Bona-fide College Players
Year 9 players will be ineligible to play in the year 8 (Primary School) competition provided that each player’s school has an U15’s team or a team is available with the TVRFU.
Club registered U13 players may play for an U15 team, if required, for up to 2 competition games. Players who play 3 or more competition games in the higher grade will be ineligible to return to U13 grade and must remain in the U15 team for the remainder of the season.