Under 18’s Representative Team 2017
Congratulations to the following players who have been selected for the 2017 Thames Valley Under 18’s Representative Team Wider Training Squad.
Thames Valley, as part of the Northern Regions Rugby Council Competition Rules, have dispensation to allow U19’s players in the U18’s team for the Northern Regions Competition.
- Austin Brear – Mercury Bay Area School
- Baxter Richards – Thames Rugby & Sports
- Ihaka Taka – Hauraki Plains College
- Hurakia Firth – Waihi Athletic
- Jordan Downs – Whangamata RFC
- Caeleb Duffin – Thames Rugby & Sports
- Bray Ward – Thames Rugby & Sports
- Wiremu Williams-Clarke – Paeroa College
- Gino Taka – Hauraki Plains College
- Taine Wilson – Te Aroha College
- Dane Mathew – Mercury Bay Area School
- Reece Kennedy – Waihi College
- Keegan Walsh – Hauraki Plains College
- Khan Lloyd-Cullen – Waihi College
- Agapei Eukaliti – Te Aroha College Old Boys
- Dylan Cameron – Thames High School
- Keegan Harris – Hauraki Plains College
- Devon Shirley – Hauraki Plains College
- Joe Reynolds – Mercury Bay Area School
- Hendrix Beazley – Paeroa College
- Cameron Richards – Mercury Bay Area School
- Coel Kerr – Paeroa College
- Connor Emerson – Whangamata RFC
- Wian Binedell – Thames High School
- Jayden Tegg – Mercury Bay RFC
- Connor Peterson – Waihou RFC
- Keegan Dickey – Hauraki Plains College
- Kyron Stewart – Thames High School
- Keanu May-Matafeo – Paeroa College
Commenting on the selection, the coaching group stated:
“This a great mix of experience from 2016 with some exciting new faces brought into the fold. The plan is to build on the relatively successful season in 2016 and take things one step further by cementing this team as the flagship team for all Thames Valley Age Grade teams.
There will be some players who will be disappointed in missing out however as a coaching group we reward those players who put in the effort and show commitment to the badge. Being a successful team is not all about having the most talented rugby players, it’s about the group as a whole and how that is managed is one of our major drivers in selection”
First training is on Tuesday 15th August at the Paeroa Domain starting at 6.30pm.
First game is at Centenniel Park in Paeroa on 19th August against a Waikato Secondary Schools selection. Kick off is at 12.30pm.
Anyone unavailable is to phone rugby development officer Bill Cooksley
in the first instance on 027 243 8656.