SHAW CUP TOURNAMENT 2018
Weigh In Procedure
• All teams need to be on time. Anyone arriving late will have to wait until after all the other teams are weighed in before completing their weigh in.
• Each team to be accompanied by 2 Adults only during the weigh in process (Team Manager plus one other adult).
• The players are to line up in order as they appear on the team sheets – Team Manager or helper to assist with this.
• Each player will then be asked to step forward and stand on the scales. If they need to remove clothing for the weigh in this is to be done prior to them stepping forward.
• The team manager will be present by the scales as a witness to the weight.
• If the player then weighs out – they will be given a maximum time of 30 minutes to go away and do whatever they have to do before having a second opportunity to weigh in. If the player weighs out at this second opportunity they will either be put into a Fleming Shield team (if they are a Shaw Cup Player) or not allowed to participate.
• UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL A PLAYER WHO WEIGHS OUT BE ALLOWED TO COME BACK THE FOLLOWING WEEK FOR A RE-WEIGH.
• The weights will be recorded by a member of the weigh in committee on the team sheets. This will be the official weight for the entire tournament.
• The weigh in committee’s decisions are final
|Shaw Cup Points Table 2018|
|SHAW CUP 2018|
|Day 1 Sunday 29th July – Ngatea|
|Round 1||10:30 AM|
|Hauraki Plains||05 v 29||Waihi|
|Paeroa||12 v 38||Peninsula|
|Te Aroha||17 v 36||Whangamata|
|Round 2||12:30 PM|
|Te Aroha||12 v 29||Waihi|
|Paeroa||24 v 29||Hauraki Plains|
|Day 2 Saturday 4th August -Whitianga|
|Waihi||36 v 12||Paeroa|
|Peninsula||31 v 00||Te Aroha|
|Whangamata||05 v 22||Thames|
|Round 4||12 noon|
|Waihi||34 v 14||Peninsula|
|Hauraki Plains||43 v 12||Whangamata|
|Paeroa||07 v 86||Thames|
|Round 5 – Wednesday 8th August|
|Whangamata||00 v 46||Waihi|
|Thames||22 v 10||Hauraki Plains|
|Paeroa||25 v 20||Te Aroha|
|Day 3 Sunday 12th August – Te Aroha|
|Round 6||10:00 AM|
|Waihi||22 v 31||Thames|
|Hauraki Plains||22 v 30||Te Aroha|
|Peninsula||12 v 10||Whangamata|
|Peninsula||24 v 10||Hauraki Plains|
|Whangamata||31 v 19||Paeroa|
|Thames||38 v 17||Te Aroha|
Game Points – Shaw Cup
Four points for a win
Two points for a draw
One point for a loss of seven or less between the winning and losing score. No points if loss is eight or more.
There will be a bonus point for any team who scores 4 tries or more in a match.
Count Back Order
If teams have the same number of points at the end of section play the following steps will be taken.
- Greatest number of points scored FOR in section play.
- Least number of points scored AGAINST in section play.
- Use the result of the game played in section play.
If STILL EQUAL (ie a draw in section play)
- A coin will be tossed to find the seedings.
FINALS: If there is a draw in the final, after 2×25 minute halves, the trophies are shared and certificates will be given to both teams.